Author Topic: Redirect loop after installation of Cognos Analytics 11  (Read 14502 times)

Offline MSTRCognos

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Re: Redirect loop after installation of Cognos Analytics 11
« Reply #15 on: 11 Feb 2016 02:54:36 pm »
This issue resolved after I reinstalled the Cognos Analytics 11 with Custom Install choice,Earlier I have installed as Ready and Run.

Offline MSTRCognos

« Reply #16 on: 11 Feb 2016 05:21:21 pm »
How is your authentication setup in IIS? I have Anonymous Auth for Default Web Site and Integrated Windows Auth for /ibmcognos. I suppose you could also simply point the Default Web Site to the webcontent folder with Windows Auth and just do the redirect there - I may try that next week

Thank you mcc.chernandez very much for your suggestions.

I was able to configure the SSO successfully with IIS after I reinstall with Custom install choice with Gateway option selected.

Offline tshw

« Reply #17 on: 01 Mar 2016 05:33:39 pm »
MSTRCognos,

Try in meta refresh tag in default.htm or index.htm to redirect to ...&redirect=/ibmcognos/bi/index.html instead of /ibmcognos/bi
that worked for me...

*** nevermind
there's some weird behavior in the AJAX ui.. will try the reinstall like you

*update*
like MSTRCognos, I ran the install pkg again, chose to install over the existing, and choosing expand install, that finally worked.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2016 07:21:50 pm by tshw »

Offline MSTRCognos

« Reply #18 on: 02 Mar 2016 02:36:37 pm »
I need help with enabling the HTTPS on the Cognos Analytics 11 environment to connect to the IBM Watson Analytics.

https://community.watsonanalytics.com/discussions/questions/3317/is-it-possible-to-connect-to-cognos-using-http-ins.html

Can someone please guide me with setting up the CA SSL certificate on the IIS 8.5 for the Cognos Analytics 11 environment.

Appreciate your help.
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2016 03:36:08 pm by MSTRCognos »

Offline tshw

« Reply #19 on: 08 Mar 2016 07:05:37 pm »
MSTRCognos,
Do you mean just installing SSL certificate on IIS? If so, I don't think it would be any different than in previous Cognos 10 versions. There should be plenty of examples on the web. If I remember right, basically just install the SSL certificate in IIS and reconfigure your URL in Cognos Configuration Manager to https:// . I will have it installed on a new server this week, if there's anything different, I will let you know.

Anyone,
Does your SSO work after session timeout? SSO works when I go to <servername>/ibmcognos
However, once timed out, it will not do SSO again. Also, it redirects to a login screen at <servername>/ibmcognos/bi/index.html?perspective=home&context={%22perspective%22%3A%22home%22%2C%22content%22%3A{}} where SSO does not work.

Offline MSTRCognos

« Reply #20 on: 18 Mar 2016 12:25:17 pm »
Hello tshw,

Thank you very much for the information,Sorry for the delay in replying to you.

I will work on this in the next week and update you guys.

Thanks,
MSTRCognos

Offline djbarham

• Associate
« Reply #21 on: 05 Jun 2016 07:57:30 pm »
Anyone,
Does your SSO work after session timeout? SSO works when I go to <servername>/ibmcognos
However, once timed out, it will not do SSO again.

We have the same problem.  I haven't had a chance to try working through it yet.  Interested to know if anyone else has found a solution.

Offline cognosjedi

« Reply #22 on: 25 Jul 2016 03:03:47 pm »
cadams

thanks for the ppt on the new gateway install and posting it publically.  At 1st glance it appears even better then the ibm doc I've received.

Offline cadams

• Forum Citizenship: +5/-0
« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2016 09:59:16 pm »
If you were paying attention.

For those that are using the re-write in a distributed environment, you'll have noticed that the re-write points to a single server "http://<web_server>:<web_server_port>/alias/bi/" therefore a single point of failure, if that application server goes down, then you loose SSO.

There are some instructions available for creating an IIS web farm, quite simple, basically you create web farm called "cognos_disp' add your dispatchers and port # to the farm, then point your re-write to the farm (cognos_disp)

We can also get around this by creating a URL alias at a router level (above my pay grade) to get around this too.

Additionally, there are new instructions from IBM on how to create the re-write in 11.0.3 http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21976435&aid=1 I've done the 11.0.3 install, but used the original instructions, and all works well.

Chris...

Offline saisachin

« Reply #24 on: 30 Nov 2016 12:33:24 pm »
Hi,
Could you please share installation and configuration checklist for Cognos 11.We are looking to migrate from Cognos 10.2.Also please share if there are any issues encountered.

Regards,
Sai

Twittear