Author Topic: Cognos Analytics Dashboards  (Read 9181 times)

Offline cognos4321

• Community Leader
  • Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Re: Cognos Analytics Dashboards
« Reply #15 on: 04 Mar 2016 08:07:58 am »
 Yes, by Synchronize I mean that we are able to select values in a container and see the other containers react. In order to see this happen in Report Studio, it didn't happen automatically, I had to make all containers as one Query.

1) Is there any other way to do that in Report Studio
2) Do we need to make all containers as one query here also even after creating a data module that   joins the four data sources.
3) How will we go about synchronizing the report showing by 4 different tabs in Active reports.

I know, I might sound confused or may be silly to you but I hope I was able to convey my confusion clearly.

Thank You Always MF

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +574/-9
  • Cognos Software Muppet
« Reply #16 on: 04 Mar 2016 10:48:24 am »
Yes, by Synchronize I mean that we are able to select values in a container and see the other containers react. In order to see this happen in Report Studio, it didn't happen automatically, I had to make all containers as one Query.

1) Is there any other way to do that in Report Studio
2) Do we need to make all containers as one query here also even after creating a data module that   joins the four data sources.
3) How will we go about synchronizing the report showing by 4 different tabs in Active reports.

I know, I might sound confused or may be silly to you but I hope I was able to convey my confusion clearly.

Thank You Always MF

Hi,

You posted this in the Dashboards section, so I assume that's what you're asking about? In the new Dashboard interface of Cognos Analytics, containers automatically react when selecting values in other containers. You don't need to do anything to make this happen.

Report Studio doesn't exist in Cognos Analytics. The new Authoring interface replaces it. Under the covers it's the same technology as Report Studio, though, so when authoring reports you'd need to drive all containers in the report from the same query to get the same sort of synchronization.

Active Reports are now authored in the new Authoring interface. If you want an Active Report with four tabs, you'd need to use a tab control or a data tab control - just like in Report Studio.

Cheers!

MF.
Meep!

Online sukanya

« Reply #17 on: 29 Apr 2016 05:24:37 am »
Hi,
Can we add drill through from a cognos 11 dashboard into a report.
Can we add check box prompt in cognos 11 dashboard.
I don't see Report Templates section when I click on New > Report. is this installation issue?
I don't see other, Query Studio, Cognos Workspace, Analysis studio when I click on New. is this installation issue?
is cognos workspace going to exist in future and can we add reports to create dashboard using this tool?

Regards,
Sri

Offline MFGF

• Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Cognos Software Muppet
« Reply #18 on: 29 Apr 2016 06:40:03 am »
Hi,
Can we add drill through from a cognos 11 dashboard into a report.

Nope. Not currently.

Can we add check box prompt in cognos 11 dashboard.

Nope. Not currently.

I don't see Report Templates section when I click on New > Report. is this installation issue?

There's a deployment archive that ships with Cognos Analytics - called Templates.zip. You need to go into the Admin console and restore this deployment to get the new report templates to appear.

I don't see other, Query Studio, Cognos Workspace, Analysis studio when I click on New. is this installation issue?

You only see the legacy stuff you list above if you do a Custom install. If you did a Ready To Run install, the legacy switch isn't set, and you don't see any of the above. It is possible to set the legacy switch after-the-fact, but it's incredibly difficult to do (by design, according to my source in IBM). The guidelines for setting it manually are:
Changing the legacy switch after install is hard by design. A browser plug-in, such as Postman for Chrome, to send REST command to the Cognos Analytics server is required. IBM does not recommend any specific plug-in. These steps can be used to change the switch setting:
  • Download an appropriate REST capable plug-in for your browser such as Postman for Chrome.
  • Launch Cognos Analytics logging in as System Administrator.
  • Using your REST capable plug-in send a put method with JSON with a URI like: http://<server>:<port>/bi/v1/configuration/keys/global
  • Select RAW JSON, with value: {"Configuration.LegacyLaunchable":"X"}
  • X=1: Legacy components are available
  • X=0: Legacy components are not available

is cognos workspace going to exist in future and can we add reports to create dashboard using this tool?

That's really a question for IBM, but my suspicion is that it will not exist for many more releases. I'd expect (hope) IBM will include the ability to re-use authored report components in the new Dashboards technology, at which point there would be no further need for Cognos Workspace. That's just my personal hope/assumption though - check with IBM for a definitive answer.

Cheers!

MF.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2016 06:43:36 am by MFGF »
Meep!

Online sukanya

« Reply #19 on: 29 Apr 2016 11:19:55 am »
Is map chart available in Cognos 11 Report like in Dashboard? If not, does rave chart provides map in Report?

Regards,
SK

Offline MFGF

• Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Cognos Software Muppet
« Reply #20 on: 03 May 2016 03:23:24 am »
Is map chart available in Cognos 11 Report like in Dashboard? If not, does rave chart provides map in Report?

Regards,
SK

Yes, maps are available in reports (the same mapping as in Cognos 10 reports). You can also use RAVE maps in reports if you wish.

MF.
Meep!

Online sukanya

« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2016 10:33:21 pm »
Is 100 percent stacked bar available in Cognos 11 rave visualizations? please share the link to download if it is available.

Regards,
Sukanya

Offline hardstep

• Forum Citizenship: +2/-0
  • IBM Champion
    • Barrachd
« Reply #22 on: 09 May 2016 05:07:53 am »
Hi Sukanya
Yes the 100% stacked bar chart is available in Cognos Analytics (aka 11).
Kind Regards
Nick

Online sukanya

« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2016 09:32:08 am »
I couldnot find a link in analyticszone to download 100 percent stacked bar? Kindly can you share the link to download

Regards,
SK

Online sukanya

« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2016 11:02:52 am »
I am looking for rave visualization 100% stacked bar to include in a active report.

Thanks,
SK

Online sukanya

« Reply #25 on: 10 May 2016 07:34:01 pm »
Found 100 percent stacked bar. It is listed in Cognos 10.2.2 (upgraded) visualization. Imported into Cognos 11.

Regards,
SK

Offline screwdrive

• It feels good to be lost in the right direction!
« Reply #26 on: 12 Oct 2016 12:46:02 pm »
Is it possible to create dashboard against the existing cognos package or multiple cognos packages?

Offline MFGF

• Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Cognos Software Muppet
« Reply #27 on: 14 Oct 2016 05:33:22 am »
Is it possible to create dashboard against the existing cognos package or multiple cognos packages?

Hi,

Currently you need to define a Data Set based on the package, and you can then create your dashboard based on this Data Set.

Cheers!

MF.
Meep!

Twittear