Author Topic: MSR_GEN_0071 Internal error getting catalogs and schemas Error  (Read 4380 times)

Offline gbez

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Re: MSR_GEN_0071 Internal error getting catalogs and schemas Error
« Reply #15 on: 12 Aug 2016 01:46:03 am »
Thanks Murphy, I already had the fourth radio button so unfortunately that wasn't the problem.

MF, I made the change directly to the file xqe.config.xml.

Offline gbez

« Reply #16 on: 12 Aug 2016 05:05:31 am »
Thanks for the replies guys, but I have decided to log this with IBM as I suspect it may be a bug. I will let you know what they come back with.

Thanks again

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +574/-9
  • Cognos Software Muppet
« Reply #17 on: 12 Aug 2016 05:34:47 am »
Thanks for the replies guys, but I have decided to log this with IBM as I suspect it may be a bug. I will let you know what they come back with.

Thanks again

I think that's very wise. Hopefully they can help you figure out how to get things working. Good luck!!

MF.
Meep!

Offline Rahul Ganguli

• Community Leader
  • Forum Citizenship: +5/-0
« Reply #18 on: 31 Aug 2016 02:27:27 am »
Gbez,

Any updates from IBM on this?

Offline the6campbells

• Forum Citizenship: +4/-0
« Reply #19 on: 11 Sep 2016 07:32:50 am »
If you are hitting errors with data modules (creation or refresh), currently you would need to access the server and skim the \logs\p2pd messages file for additional error context. Dashboard and data modules services both log to that file. Dynamic Query and the service used by Framework Manager will log to \logs\xqe\... Your systems must place JDBC drivers in the \drivers folder in order to ensure that all the services can load the drivers from that location.

Offline brian_brooks

« Reply #20 on: 05 Oct 2016 02:50:09 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I've seen the same behavior in both Cognos Analytics R3 and R4 now running against SQL 2012. I've confirmed that we only have the sqljdbc4.jar in the \drivers folder. Our configuration is slightly different in that we set the IBM service to run under specified windows credentials and then use the Sign On option of IBM Cognos Windows Service credentials for the server. Again, everything tests fine within the connection screen, however we get the same MSR_GEN_0071 error when trying to pull the catalogs/schema for the database. I worked through a couple of different support people while on release 3 with absolutely no success.

Luckily we were just beginning the dev phase of this product, so it was easy for us to uninstall release 3 and cross our fingers that this would be fixed in release 4. So far, nothing has changed in that regard. Overall, this latest version of Cognos has been a never-ending frustration.

Offline bus_pass_man

• Community Leader
  • Forum Citizenship: +30/-0
« Reply #21 on: 05 Oct 2016 05:45:32 pm »
1.  What information is being logged in p2pd_messages.log when the error occurs?
2.  What information is being logged in the xqe log files when the error occurs?
3.  Are the schemas you're looking for listed in the \wlp\usr\servers\cognosserver\moser\import.xml file?  If so you can edit the file to not screen them out.
4.  Are you able to import metadata into FM or cube designer?
5.  When exactly do you get the error?  When you're trying to see the schema?  When you've chosen a schema and tried to import metadata?

Offline brian_brooks

« Reply #22 on: 06 Oct 2016 08:50:32 am »
1.  What information is being logged in p2pd_messages.log when the error occurs?
2.  What information is being logged in the xqe log files when the error occurs?
3.  Are the schemas you're looking for listed in the \wlp\usr\servers\cognosserver\moser\import.xml file?  If so you can edit the file to not screen them out.
4.  Are you able to import metadata into FM or cube designer?
5.  When exactly do you get the error?  When you're trying to see the schema?  When you've chosen a schema and tried to import metadata?

1. attached p2pd. Basically says that the driver is not configured for integrated authentication
2. nothing new logged in xqe log file when error occurs. There's a dq_verbosegc_xx file but it doesn't contain anything of interest.
3. I edited that file and removed the sql portion of the xml. The after restarting the services the error still shows up for no schema/catalog available
4. I haven't tried this yet, I'm just trying to get some basic functionality off the ground. Once I can verify this I'll get to FM.
5. I get the error when clicking Manage > Data Server Connections > select the Connection of choice and it then tries to pull Schema information. From the viewer/UI perspective, it's the 3rd tier dialog screen in the data server connections window when clicking directly on the connection name.

This happens consistently either with existing or new connections. And has happened in 2 different versions of the analytics product. Granted, we're trying to connect in a slightly different way, a way that works perfectly well in 10.2.2. So if this is a configuration issue that needs to be changed, great! I just haven't seen any documentation or been able to have anyone from support be able to walk me through how to fix this. And it sounds like others are having similar albeit varied issues.

Offline bus_pass_man

• Community Leader
  • Forum Citizenship: +30/-0
« Reply #23 on: 06 Oct 2016 09:59:15 am »
You have a problem with the sqljdbc_auth.dll. I believe that you need it in the drivers directory in addition to the other file.

[10/6/16 8:36:51:041 CDT] 00002ad6 com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.internals.AuthenticationJNI     W Failed to load the sqljdbc_auth.dll cause : sqljdbc_auth (Not found in java.library.path)
[10/6/16 8:37:05:698 CDT] 00002ad6 tform.moser.core.metadata.provider.jdbc.JDBCMetadataProvider E com.ibm.cognos.jdbc.adaptor.sqlexception.SQLCognosInvalidLogonException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication.

Here's some postings that I found that might help.  There's 7 posts on cognoise alone which have that dll mentioned so there might be lots more resources you can use.

http://www.cognoise.com/index.php/topic,25669.msg81370.html#msg81370

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/data/library/cognos/infrastructure/cognos_specific/page529.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11707056/no-sqljdbc-auth-in-java-library-path

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/1c1a1313-057d-46d4-9ca7-82fc4f23a150/cant-get-integratedsecurity-with-jdbc-driver?forum=sqldataaccess

Offline brian_brooks

« Reply #24 on: 06 Oct 2016 10:06:02 am »
Thanks, bus_pass_man. I've got the sqljdbc_auth.dll file in the \drivers directory and have restarted the service already with no luck. I've also tried modifying the databaseDriverLocations.properties in \v5dataserver to point to the jdbc and jdbc_auth files. Neither of these has resolved the problem, but I think they're definitely along the right path!

Offline gesys

• Forum Citizenship: +1/-0
« Reply #25 on: 07 Oct 2016 06:56:24 pm »
Thanks, bus_pass_man. I've got the sqljdbc_auth.dll file in the \drivers directory and have restarted the service already with no luck. I've also tried modifying the databaseDriverLocations.properties in \v5dataserver to point to the jdbc and jdbc_auth files. Neither of these has resolved the problem, but I think they're definitely along the right path!

You have to do the following step:

In the Microsoft SQL Server JDBC driver installation directory, locate and copy the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of sqljdbc_auth.dll to the cognos_analytics_server_install_location\bin (or bin64) directory.

see

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEP7J_11.0.0/com.ibm.swg.ba.cognos.ig_rolap.doc/t_ig_rolap_sql_connect.html

it's different to 10.2.1!

hope this helps!

Offline brian_brooks

« Reply #26 on: 10 Oct 2016 08:19:11 am »
GENIUS!!! You've done what no one in IBM support has been able to do...help me learn how to read technical documentation!  ;D

It does indeed work now. Thanks for walking me through the nuances of change with regards to the deployment of jdbc files!

Twittear