Author Topic: Calculation error - Data Module based on FM package  (Read 417 times)

Offline psten

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Calculation error - Data Module based on FM package
« on: 10 Feb 2017 04:32:44 am »
Hi,
I have created a data module with a framework package as source. When creating a calculation in the dashboard, i get an error (see attachement). It is not a solution to create the calculation in the framework, and even if it was, it would still only be a workaround.

We're using Cognos 11.0.5 and the database is Oracle 11. And this model is super-simple with only 3 joined tables, just to test this functionality.

Any thoughts? Have any of you been successful in creating this kind of calculation?

Thanks,
P..

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +582/-9
  • Cognos Software Muppet
Re: Calculation error - Data Module based on FM package
« Reply #1 on: 10 Feb 2017 05:04:04 am »
Hi,
I have created a data module with a framework package as source. When creating a calculation in the dashboard, i get an error (see attachement). It is not a solution to create the calculation in the framework, and even if it was, it would still only be a workaround.

We're using Cognos 11.0.5 and the database is Oracle 11. And this model is super-simple with only 3 joined tables, just to test this functionality.

Any thoughts? Have any of you been successful in creating this kind of calculation?

Thanks,
P..

Sadly I see the same error - even when using one of the sample packages. My feeling is this is a product defect. I'd raise a PMR with IBM if I was you...

MF.
Meep!

Offline psten

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Re: Calculation error - Data Module based on FM package
« Reply #2 on: 10 Feb 2017 06:39:39 am »
Thanks for confirming, MF.

P..

Twittear