Author Topic: FM fails with script error and does not prompt for user logon  (Read 406 times)

Offline cog8user

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
A working FM installation suddenly started to act weirdly. When I open a project it usually prompts for user authentication against the CJAP when it connects to the Cognos content store.
All of a sudden, I started seeing a script error two days ago. Instead of a login page, it throws a message saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" When clicked Yes, another dialog pops up that reads "Verifying security settings, Please wait..." and it stays there without giving any result forever.

I suspected Windows updates and made sure all the latest updates were completed (with the help of IT team).
It didn't resolve the issue.

I uninstalled and installed the software afresh again. It still is the same. There are no logs written to investigate. I got full rights on the installed directories. I have also reviewed the IE settings and didn't see any concerns.

It's Cognos 10.2.2 (FP8) on Windows 10 for Framework Manager. CM and dispatcher are on Linux (RHEL). Cognos Connection does not have any issues. It seems to be pretty local to my Windows machine running Framework Manager but I am unable to figure out.

Has anyone else experienced this? Please help.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2018 02:37:59 pm by cog8user »

Offline cog8user

Re: FM fails with script error and does not prompt for user logon
« Reply #1 on: 29 Mar 2018 02:38:41 pm »
Another screenshot of the error attached.

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +620/-10
  • Cognos Software Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 04 Apr 2018 07:12:03 am »
A working FM installation suddenly started to act weirdly. When I open a project it usually prompts for user authentication against the CJAP when it connects to the Cognos content store.
All of a sudden, I started seeing a script error two days ago. Instead of a login page, it throws a message saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" When clicked Yes, another dialog pops up that reads "Verifying security settings, Please wait..." and it stays there without giving any result forever.

I suspected Windows updates and made sure all the latest updates were completed (with the help of IT team).
It didn't resolve the issue.

I uninstalled and installed the software afresh again. It still is the same. There are no logs written to investigate. I got full rights on the installed directories. I have also reviewed the IE settings and didn't see any concerns.

It's Cognos 10.2.2 (FP8) on Windows 10 for Framework Manager. CM and dispatcher are on Linux (RHEL). Cognos Connection does not have any issues. It seems to be pretty local to my Windows machine running Framework Manager but I am unable to figure out.

Has anyone else experienced this? Please help.

Is it possible a fix pack has been installed on the Cognos server but not on your FM machine? Could the versions of FM and the BI server be out of sync?

MF.
Meep!

Offline cog8user

« Reply #3 on: 04 Apr 2018 09:27:36 am »
Hi MF,
It's the same FixPack on the server and the client. The FM was working fine until it suddenly started failing. There was no change done in the configuration on the server or the client hosting FM.
As this could be mostly with Windows updates and those on IE, I even reset and reviewed IE settings with no success.

Thanks,
Shashi

Offline brunolf

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: 17 Apr 2018 04:01:46 am »
Hello

Same problem here, did you found a solution ?

Twittear