Author Topic: Prompt Page Performance  (Read 155 times)

Offline esar

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Prompt Page Performance
« on: 13 Apr 2018 10:32:45 am »
Hi Experts,

I have a report that uses booklet features. This report points to 10 to 15 other reports. The main report has prompt values that are passed on to the booklet references. The prompt page comes up in a second if i run it without those booklet references. But when i include the booklet references, the prompt page takes almost 30 seconds to come up. Is there setting that would make cognos bypass validating the booklet reports before rendering the prompt page of the main report.

Regards,
esar

Offline SpareTire

• 99% of the time I'm useless, but that one time...
Re: Prompt Page Performance
« Reply #1 on: 13 Apr 2018 01:09:33 pm »
Can you clarify how your prompt is getting data?

From your paragraph, I am inferring that your prompt is looking at your booklets for the prompt information rather than a separate query for that information? Is that true? Did you setup a seperate query for the prompt and set the properties to "Yes-Use for parameter info"?

Offline esar

« Reply #2 on: 13 Apr 2018 01:22:03 pm »
Thanks for the quick response SpareTire.

I have a separate prompt page in my main report and i have queries in my main report to populate values for it. When i remove all the booklet references, the prompt page comes up quickly.

Offline SpareTire

• 99% of the time I'm useless, but that one time...
« Reply #3 on: 16 Apr 2018 09:48:37 am »
Sorry if I wasn't clear: I was asking are those queries you use for your prompt THE SAME as the queries you use for your report booklets?

Offline esar

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2018 11:09:01 am »
Hi

When i say report booklet, i mean Report reference. Report reference are shortcuts/links to another report. My Main report will have queries only for the prompts. The queries for report references will reside in the respective reports. Hope I am making it clear.

Twittear