Author Topic: TLS - enable 1.2& disable 1.0 & 1.1  (Read 75 times)

Offline charles_m_campbell

• Associate
  • Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
TLS - enable 1.2& disable 1.0 & 1.1
« on: 16 May 2018 04:02:17 pm »
When I disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 and only enable 1.2 the Cognos service won't start.  Looking at the stack trace below it sounds like the problem is either JDBC or SQL Server related.  SQL Server is 2016 and according to MS it doesn't need to be patched.  For JDBC I've downloaded the latest 4.2 version from MS (I've also tried the 6.4 version for JRE 8 but that didn't help).  I'm using IISCrypto to configure the TLS registry settings and looking at the registry all looks good.  I've been banging away at this for a few days now and I'm stumped so if anyone has a suggestion I'd be eternally grateful.

10.116.162.130:9312   3864   2018-05-16 16:33:23.532   -4   Initialization_SESS   Initialization_REQ         Thread-72   CM   10   1   Audit.cms.CM   StartService         Warning      CM-CFG-5063 A Content Manager configuration error was detected while connecting to the content store.  CM-SYS-5003 Content Manager is unable to connect to the content store. Verify that the database connection properties in the configuration tool are correct and that when you test the connection, the test is successful. Cause: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. ClientConnectionId:923838a4-2c3f-44f6-b3e4-ef7cdbd51d14".    Stack trace:  com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. ClientConnectionId:923838a4-2c3f-44f6-b3e4-ef7cdbd51d14".     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.terminate(SQLServerConnection.java:1749)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.enableSSL(IOBuffer.java:1704)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1402)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.login(SQLServerConnection.java:1069)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectInternal(SQLServerConnection.java:905)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connect(SQLServerConnection.java:452)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver.connect(SQLServerDriver.java:1014)     at com.cognos.cm.dbstore.CMDriverManager.getConnection(CMDriverManager.java:112)     at com.cognos.cm.dbstore.CMDriverManager.getConnection(CMDriverManager.java:105)     at com.cognos.cm.dbstore.CMDbStoreFactory.getJDBCConnection(CMDbStoreFactory.java:1936)     at com.cognos.cm.dbstore.CMDbStoreFactory.getInitialConnection(CMDbStoreFactory.java:1723)     at com.cognos.cm.dbstore.CMDbStoreFactory.initContentIndependentBeforeLock(CMDbStoreFactory.java:1956)     at com.cognos.cm.dbstore.CMDbStore.initializeContentIndependentBeforeLock(CMDbStore.java:4393)     at com.cognos.cm.server.CMServlet.initializeContentStoreContentIndependentBeforeLock(CMServlet.java:2114)     at com.cognos.cm.server.CMServlet.init(CMServlet.java:1873)     at com.cognos.cm.server.ContentManager.start(ContentManager.java:436)     at com.cognos.cm.server.ContentManagerLifecycleHandler.start(ContentManagerLifecycleHandler.java:65)     at com.cognos.pogo.services.DefaultHandlerService.start(DefaultHandlerService.java:88)     at com.cognos.pogo.services.DispatcherServices.startInitialService(DispatcherServices.java:446)     at com.cognos.pogo.services.DispatcherServices.startInititalServices(DispatcherServices.java:432)     at com.cognos.pogo.transport.PogoServlet$PogoStartup.runWithDispatcherServices(PogoServlet.java:832)     at com.cognos.pogo.transport.PogoServlet$PogoStartup.run(PogoServlet.java:814)     at com.cognos.pogo.util.threads.SafeThread.safeRun(SafeThread.java:70)     at com.cognos.pogo.util.threads.SafeThread.run(SafeThread.java:61)  Caused by: java.io.IOException: SQL Server did not return a response. The connection has been closed. ClientConnectionId:923838a4-2c3f-44f6-b3e4-ef7cdbd51d14     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$SSLHandshakeInputStream.ensureSSLPayload(IOBuffer.java:653)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$SSLHandshakeInputStream.readInternal(IOBuffer.java:710)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$SSLHandshakeInputStream.read(IOBuffer.java:702)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$ProxyInputStream.readInternal(IOBuffer.java:897)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel$ProxyInputStream.read(IOBuffer.java:885)     at com.ibm.jsse2.b.a(b.java:254)     at com.ibm.jsse2.b.a(b.java:121)     at com.ibm.jsse2.at.a(at.java:462)     at com.ibm.jsse2.at.i(at.java:73)     at com.ibm.jsse2.at.a(at.java:357)     at com.ibm.jsse2.at.startHandshake(at.java:723)     at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.TDSChannel.enableSSL(IOBuffer.java:1630)     ... 22 more

Twittear