Author Topic: ELK Stack (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana) for Cognos Log Aggregation  (Read 4199 times)

Offline mdwilson

• UC Irvine
  • Associate
  • Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Hello, all-

I've decided to share the work I have done on aggregating Cognos logs using Logstash- this saves me a lot of time, and I figured it might be useful to someone else out there. It's very quick, and I can find everything related to a user's session or a particular request in a matter of seconds.

The PDF has a basic overview. These instructions are written with Windows in mind, but doing this on Linux/Unix is simpler.

My config file could probably use some work, so feel free to make suggestions.

Hope this helps somebody!

Offline hardstep

• Forum Citizenship: +2/-0
  • IBM Champion
    • Barrachd
Hey MDWilson
Thanks for sharing this document !...I'm working with a client that would like to use Cognos 10 to analyse and report against an ELK stack that they are monitoring their own application - have you done anything with Cognos reporting against this ?.
Cheers
Nick

Offline rpatel18

• Associate
anyway you can post your grok patterns again? went to the github link in the PDF but its not there anymore...get a 404 error

Offline kommireddy

• Forum Citizenship: +3/-1

Offline MOHAMMED

• Associate
Hello,

Thank you for the share i am trying to merge all cognos logs on one place and i wnat to see how you were able to impliment cognos with elk.
Can please share the pdf again if you still have it.

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +655/-10
  • Cognos Software Muppet
Hello,

Thank you for the share i am trying to merge all cognos logs on one place and i wnat to see how you were able to impliment cognos with elk.
Can please share the pdf again if you still have it.

Hi,

The PDF is an attachment in the first post of this thread. I just checked, and it's still there and downloadable.

Cheers!

MF.
Meep!

Twittear