IBM Cognos 10 Platform > Upgrading to Cognos 10

Text BLOB field getting cut off in DQM - Upgrade from 10.2.1 to 10.2.2 (DQM)

<< < (2/2)

Yasser:
I'm facing the same issue,

Also the workaround is not working with me !!

I've a stored procedure returns a CLOB text of 60k character and I've inserted it in the FWM using the query

cast(substring([Oracle_DB].[SP1].[HTML] ,1,60000) as varchar(60000))

it is throwing me the following error !!

XQE-PLN-0286 The second argument to the 'cast' function is a character data type with a size that exceeds 65535.

Is there anything wrong with the query?

bdbits:
BLOBS/CLOBS have always been a significant problem in every toolset I've worked with, but Cognos is especially annoying and very limited in that respect. I totally get why people use them (primarily rich or very long text), but they are a PITA. Much better to store them as documents on a filesystem and store the pathname, in my opinion. But, I am sure you have no choice.

So, it looks like you are using Oracle. If you put that expression in Oracle PL/SQL, does it work? I had thought the max for varchar was actually something like a pathetic 4k. Which means the workaround won't work, either. Maybe LONGTEXT would work, maybe not. I found a reference on Oracle data types here.
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/sql_elements001.htm#i54330

I feel your pain but have no cure.  :'(

Yasser:

--- Quote from: bdbits on 18 Jan 2017 04:15:26 pm ---BLOBS/CLOBS have always been a significant problem in every toolset I've worked with, but Cognos is especially annoying and very limited in that respect. I totally get why people use them (primarily rich or very long text), but they are a PITA. Much better to store them as documents on a filesystem and store the pathname, in my opinion. But, I am sure you have no choice.

So, it looks like you are using Oracle. If you put that expression in Oracle PL/SQL, does it work? I had thought the max for varchar was actually something like a pathetic 4k. Which means the workaround won't work, either. Maybe LONGTEXT would work, maybe not. I found a reference on Oracle data types here.
https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/sql_elements001.htm#i54330

I feel your pain but have no cure.  :'(

--- End quote ---

Many thanks bdbits for your feeling :)

Actually I want to crack my head on the wall, I've tried every solution can be and some weird workarounds, Nothing working at all  >:(  :o  ???

bensah:
Hi,

workaround for this issue. Please split the blob column after cast with multiple columns and in the report append all the columns. So that user will see all the data .

Thanks,
Benu

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version