Author Topic: How to change the Cognos 11 default database to Postgres database  (Read 151 times)

Offline mastan

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Hello team,
I would like to know how to change the default database of the Cognos 11 to Postgres. Could anyone please help me this.??...

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +627/-10
  • Cognos Software Muppet
Hello team,
I would like to know how to change the default database of the Cognos 11 to Postgres. Could anyone please help me this.??...

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean by "default database"? Are you referring to a database used as a data source, or are you referring to the content store database?

MF.
Meep!

Offline mastan

Hi I am referring to the Content store database?..  Is it possible for Postgres??

Offline hardstep

• Forum Citizenship: +2/-0
  • IBM Champion
    • Barrachd
You cannot use Postgres as a content store

Offline mastan

Hello, Thanks for the update...! Actually, I am new to the Cognos. would like to know the what is the default database will come with the setup file?

Offline hardstep

• Forum Citizenship: +2/-0
  • IBM Champion
    • Barrachd
If you are doing an out-of-the-box installation then it will come with an Informix content store DB.
You can however use DB2, SQL Server or Oracle if required.
See this link for details of versions of content stores (aka content servers) : https://www.ibm.com/software/reports/compatibility/clarity-reports/report/html/prereqsForProduct?deliverableId=133544F0545D11E88CA35FB9AF6FA368

Twittear