Author Topic: Is there a way to disable the "Recommended Visualizations" when Changing Viz's?  (Read 2012 times)

Offline rockytopmark

• Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +46/-0
When in either mode (Run or Edit) in Dashboards, there is Change Visualization function, that when clicked, produces (very slowly) as list of recommended visualizations.  I am hoping to be able to disable this feature.

Thanks in advanced, Mark

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +647/-10
  • Cognos Software Muppet
When in either mode (Run or Edit) in Dashboards, there is Change Visualization function, that when clicked, produces (very slowly) as list of recommended visualizations.  I am hoping to be able to disable this feature.

Thanks in advanced, Mark

Hi Mark,

I very much doubt it. The viz recommender is one of the AI pieces IBM baked in, and I would be amazed if there was a way to switch it off.

Possibly a more important consideration is why it works slowly for you? I don't see any discernible lag when I use it. What browser and version are you using, and what spec is your client machine?

MF.
Meep!

Offline rockytopmark

• Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +46/-0
We are running Dashboards in CA 11.1.1 against PA reporting cubes.  Our team has Chrome and IE with Chrome being our preference, and our laptops are Dell i5-6300U @2.4 Ghz based ultrabooks with 8 GB ram... pretty solid machines.

When we initiate Change Visualization, we get the spinning circle for 5 to 7 seconds before the recommended visualizations show up.  Its slow for everyone.

We have heard that AI against PA Cubes isn't all that great or even recommended...

Twittear