If you are unable to create a new account, please email bspsoftware@techdata.com

Author Topic: Two or more Excels in dashboard  (Read 3544 times)

Offline so10070

• Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Two or more Excels in dashboard
« on: 11 Apr 2020 03:45:47 am »
I have placed two Excels on one dashboard-tab with the following identical fields: [year], [sex], [total] and different fields as items (x-axis): [diversity] and [function].  I want to link the two Excels with one data player on the field [year] of - for example - the first Excel.  In some tabs the different Excels change there info with the data player of one Excel but not here.  What do I have to do so that this works fine?  :-[

Offline so10070

Re: Two or more Excels in dashboard
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2020 03:58:58 am »
Here an exemple.

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +671/-10
  • Cognos Software Muppet
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2020 02:34:16 pm »
I have placed two Excels on one dashboard-tab with the following identical fields: [year], [sex], [total] and different fields as items (x-axis): [diversity] and [function].  I want to link the two Excels with one data player on the field [year] of - for example - the first Excel.  In some tabs the different Excels change there info with the data player of one Excel but not here.  What do I have to do so that this works fine?  :-[

Hi,

Your best bet would be to bring both uploaded files into a data module and join them in the data module. Then base your dashboard on the data module.

Cheers!

MF.
Meep!

Offline so10070

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2020 06:53:45 am »
Ok, it works! Thanks!  :D