Author Topic: Query Mode  (Read 322 times)

Offline dougp

• Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +21/-1
Query Mode
« on: 14 Oct 2019 11:41:55 am »
Cognos Analytics 11.0.13.1

Is there an easy way to identify which packages are published using CQM and which use DQM?

I found a field named QUERYMODE on the CMOBJPROPS51 table in the Content Store.  That looked promising, but it doesn't contain any data (
Code: [Select]
SELECT DISTINCT CAST(QUERYMODE AS VARCHAR(MAX)) AS QUERYMODE FROM CMOBJPROPS51 returns NULL).  All of my packages were published as CQM but I have recently published several packages as DQM, so that field seems to have no purpose.

Offline MFGF

• Never knowingly correct
  • Super Moderator
  • Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +647/-10
  • Cognos Software Muppet
Re: Query Mode
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2019 12:20:56 pm »
Cognos Analytics 11.0.13.1

Is there an easy way to identify which packages are published using CQM and which use DQM?

I found a field named QUERYMODE on the CMOBJPROPS51 table in the Content Store.  That looked promising, but it doesn't contain any data (
Code: [Select]
SELECT DISTINCT CAST(QUERYMODE AS VARCHAR(MAX)) AS QUERYMODE FROM CMOBJPROPS51 returns NULL).  All of my packages were published as CQM but I have recently published several packages as DQM, so that field seems to have no purpose.

Hi Doug,

You can go into the properties of a published package in the portal, and on the General tab, expand the Advanced section. You'll see a Query Mode property there.

Cheers!

MF.
Meep!

Offline dougp

• Statesman
  • Forum Citizenship: +21/-1
Re: Query Mode
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2019 01:38:00 pm »
Bummer.  That's what I was afraid I'd have to do.  I was looking for more of a bulk process I could run to get a list of the dozens of packages I have published.

Package A    DQM
Package B    CQM
Package C    DQM

Doing this manually is like flipping over every rock in my gravel driveway one-at-a-time.  I wish I could hire an intern or volunteer to deal with the tedium Cognos requires.

Twittear