Author Topic: Cognos Express Planner  (Read 7164 times)

Offline scs

• Associate
  • Forum Citizenship: +0/-0
Cognos Express Planner
« on: 17 Sep 2009 07:09:55 am »
I heard, that later in this year one additional component will be shipped with CX: Planner. It is said to control planning workflows and seems to comply the former TM1 Workflow.

And I gained the information, that CX ships also the Informix Database, included in the base price.

But I did not hear anything from an ETL-component, neither Data Manager nor something from the IBM portfolio...

Offline kolonell

• Community Leader
  • Forum Citizenship: +9/-0
Re: Cognos Express Planner
« Reply #1 on: 18 Sep 2009 02:58:28 am »
I heard, that later in this year one additional component will be shipped with CX: Planner. It is said to control planning workflows and seems to comply the former TM1 Workflow
I've heard the same thing. But that is all the info I was able to get.

And I gained the information, that CX ships also the Informix Database, included in the base price.
Yes. I think it's a lightweigth version that comes pre configured with the install (and can only be used for Express).

But I did not hear anything from an ETL-component, neither Data Manager nor something from the IBM portfolio...
Haven't heard of anything either...

Note: You  might also want to move this thread to the Cognos Express section on this forum. That is what it is there for ;-)

Offline OLAPBPMguy

• Forum Citizenship: +2/-2
« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2009 06:20:46 pm »
If the default OLAP database store is TM1 then presumably the ETL tool would be TurboIntegrator?

Offline CSI-andy

• Associate
« Reply #3 on: 01 Oct 2009 09:53:45 am »
I have the 32-bit Parner version installed and have attended the CX Partner training. There is an Informix database , used as the Content Store and TurboIntegrator is included as a means to getting data into the TM1(Xcelerator) cubes.

Offline twegner

• Associate
« Reply #4 on: 04 Nov 2009 02:17:25 pm »
Basically CX has TM1 as the DB engine, though it can access other datasources through FWMgr. So with TM1 comes TurboIntegrator. Workflow is already available for TM1, so a planning application can be set up easily.

The official Planning module of CX, coming out presumably Q2 2010, will have someway the workflow capabilities of Contributor.

- Thomas

Twittear